In 2010, architect, Emily Gosack and project manager, Brad Ballard guided a full scale restoration project to convert the 1880’s timber frame barn on our farm to four season use. Tom Latané of Pepin repaired and replaced many portions of the orginal timber structure. The barn was lifted 24” before excavating it’s original foundation. A concrete foundation was then poured for a full basement with in-floor, geothermal heating, a kitchen and bathroom. The upper levels house a painting studio (the former stable), a gallery and classrooms (the threshing floor and hay loft). We are continually inspired by the craftsmanship of the structure, originally made entirely by hand by the Fleming family of Pepin.